Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Poe Diaries

Hello fellow people reading my blog!
I will try to make this blog post better than my last post, since that post was created in a rush. But here I am sitting on my bed typing this up with a bag of Dark Chocolate Pretzel Crisps in front of me. YUM!! Anyways, back to the point of this post. Many people think Edgar Allan Poe was a great writer, while others argue saying: NOPE HE WASN'T! Some people thought that he should get to the point faster.
My opinion on Poe?
Well to start off, I believe that he lived a very unhappy life. You could tell by his writing. His writing would've been happier if he didn't live in such dark, misery. His writing was often dark and mysterious, making you feel the suspense and vengeance. His writing was also often pretty scary! The way he describes settings makes me feel like I'm in the setting, and it's so real because I could picture it. It's not necessarily a very pleasant picture in my mind as its often very dark scenery with unknown creatures creeping at my door. I think the fact that Poe uses such great imagery is one aspect to his great writing. To me, his writing is a bit to dark for me to read all the time, but I do think that he has a lot of talent. The way he used words was amazing, like how did he do it and fit the pieces together?
Another thing is that because of his great usage of words, he really inspired many, especially the ones longing to be a writer. I researched that Poe lived a really hard life partly because of his financial problems, depending on writing alone. Since his brokenness physically in money and mentally in how his wife died, other writers might think it's okay to depend on writing. I feel like he expanded the field of mystery writers and people who wrote horror stories because he depended on it and ended up being one of the most famous, known writers in America and beyond. They even created a museum for him! Of course Poe is pretty magnificent, regarding his corrupt life and lifestyle. (MARRYING HIS COUSIN LIKE WHAT)
Anyways, yeah, that's Poe. He could've written more stories but oh well, how he ended was his choice.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with all of the points you make especially about how he can really create a setting. And I also think that in your post you reference Poe's style and how it relates to other writers and the Romantic style, which is very important. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with how you said that he libed a very unhappy life. Do you think that influenced his writing?

    ReplyDelete